If you’re looking for things to do in Terre Haute with kids, this HauteHappenings.com guide is the ultimate resource! Click on the links to be taken to other posts on our site with more information!
(This guide was originally published in 2014 and updated in January 2019. As new fun moves into town, we’ll continue updating!)
Things to Do in Terre Haute with Kids
- Your Terre Haute Children’s Museum membership gets you into 280+ other science museums throughout the country for FREE! We’ve used our membership in San Diego, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Chicago (the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry, Bermuda, Phoenix, Iowa, Washington, Montana, and Las Vegas! Read 11 reasons why we love our children’s museum membership here.
- Did you know that we have 15 pools, beaches, and splash parks to enjoy? See them all in our Swimming Pool Guide.
- Keep moving! Find a list of 37 sports teams and active classes for kids in this guide.
- Each month, we publish a kid-friendly calendar of things to do in Terre Haute with kids.
- Want to include your pet? Check out our guide to places where pets are welcome in Terre Haute.
- Each spring we publish a summer camp guide that includes every single camp opportunity that we can find. New guides are usually published in April!
This post on Haute Happenings is proudly sponsored by the YMCA of the Wabash Valley.
The YMCA of the Wabash Valley (in Clay County and Vigo County) wants to help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all!
Kids are welcomed into the YMCA for child watch (while parents work out!), themed kids’ night out events in Vigo County (parents can enjoy an evening with adults while kids are having fun at the Y), holiday events, Healthy Kids’ Day, fall festival, day camp, summer camp, tutoring, sports and more!
Want to join a team? The YMCA of the Wabash Valley has youth and adult sports teams that include volleyball, basketball, and indoor soccer in Clay County, and new opportunities on the horizon in Vigo County!
Aqua Aerobics classes take place every Monday and Wednesday at RHIT from 8:30-9:30 am! This class is FREE to YMCA members only.
Outdoors in Terre Haute
Terre Haute Kid-Friendly Restaurants
Kids need to eat! These posts will help you feed the kids in Terre Haute.
Terre Haute Hidden Gems
This is one of our favorite sections of our website! Check it out when you need some inspiration for local things to do!
Toddlers and Preschoolers in Terre Haute
Have little ones? Here’s a list of our favorite toddler and preschool activities!
Events and Activities for Older Kids
Free Things to Do in Terre Haute with Kids
Like free fun? Check out this list of our favorite FREE Terre Haute activities!
Not every day can be sunny and 70 degrees! Use our Indoor Entertainment Guide to find fun any day or season.
Terre Haute Travel
If you love to travel, check out these great Midwest road trip ideas!
Terre Haute Gives Back
If you’ve ever wanted to give back, serve, or volunteer as a family, check out these posts for local ideas.
Fresh, Local Finds in the Wabash Valley
Want to eat fresh or shop local? Here are some ideas!
Education in Vigo County
Don’t miss the fun!
Each season, Haute Happenings publishes a seasonal calendar. Click here to see the latest seasonal calendar!
We also publish updates on the Haute Happenings facebook page each night at 8:30 p.m. EST and share the fun we’re having in and around town on instagram!
To be sure you don’t miss out, sign up for email updates and visit our facebook page often. (Unfortunately, the chances are slim that Haute Happenings updates will pop up in your facebook newsfeed if you don’t make a point to interact regularly with our page!)