Chances are good that your kids don’t need any more toys. At most houses, toys seem to magically multiple! They come to us from yard sales, birthday parties, well-meaning grandparents, free swaps, and the box of hand me downs from our neighbors. There’s nothing wrong with kids having toys, but sometimes it can feel like we just don’t need more stuff. If you understand this feeling, this list of experience gift ideas is for you!
40+ Local Experience Gift Ideas
Fun and Games
Music and Art
Imagination and Education
- Buy tickets to the ISU Performing Arts Series
- See a show at Rose Hulman’s Hatfield Hall
- Watch a performance by Children’s Theatre of Terre Haute
- Support local thespians by attending a show at Community Theatre of Terre Haute
- Watch the circus, listen to an orchestra, or see Disney on Ice at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
Food and Drink
- Gather restaurant gift cards for a family date to any of the restaurants on our “Eat Local” restaurant list or in our “Places to Eat Outside” guide.
- Try a cooking class at Clabber Girl or the Asian Market.
- Visit one of Terre Haute’s local wineries and breweries: Terre Haute Brewing Company, Sycamore Winery, and Water Tower Estates Winery.
Did this list provide some inspiration? If so, please pass it along to your friends!
Businesses, if you see your name on this list, please share or tweet!
Did we leave out one of your favorite experience gift ideas? Let us know so we can update the list!
This post is part of a two-part series. In the the first post, I shared general ideas for experiential gifts to give to kids. Check it out HERE and let me know if you have other ideas to add! (It’s a great one to re-pin and save for later!)
The post you’re reading now is filled with specific ideas for our Wabash Valley/Terre Haute/Indiana readers.