Chances are good that your kids don’t need any more toys. At most houses, toys seem to magically multiple, and sometimes it can feel like we just don’t need more stuff. If you understand this feeling, this list of Terre Haute and Wabash Valley experience gifts is for you!
40+ Local Experience Gift Ideas
Fun and Games
- Improve your ninja skills at Terre Haute’s Ninja Warrior Training Facility, Ivy Fit.
- Bounce at Strikerz Play Land or The Bouncin Barn
- Join Upward Sports indoor soccer (winter) or basketball (fall)
- Play pickleball, learn how to play volleyball, dance, join a fitness class, and swim all year long with a family membership to the YMCA. (Childcare available.)
- Make plans to enroll in Vigo County Youth Soccer Association’s outdoor league in the spring
- Try Wabash Valley Tumbling and Gymnastics, Illiana gymnastics/tumbling classes, Tumble Express (in Brazil), or Terre Haute Cheer University
- Purchase passes to Wigwam Skate Center or Terre Haute Skateworld
- Join a league or train at Strive 365 indoor sports complex.
- Go bowling at Terre Haute Bowling Center or Vigo Bowl
- Swim all summer long with a family membership to the Country Club of Terre Haute
- Take swimming classes with the Terre Haute Torpedoes, Rose-Hulman, or Indiana State University
Music and Art
- Buy tickets to the ISU Performing Arts Series
- See a show at Rose Hulman’s Hatfield Hall
- Watch a performance by Children’s Theatre of Terre Haute
- Support local thespians by attending a show at Community Theatre of Terre Haute
Food and Drink
- Visit Brazil to experience Honeysuckle Hill Bistro
- Try a cooking class at Federal Coffee or Sons’ Spice Co in 12 Points
- Visit one of Terre Haute’s local wineries and breweries: Terre Haute Brewing Company, Afterburner Brewing Co, Sycamore Winery, and Water Tower Estates Winery.
Did we leave out one of your favorite experience gift ideas? Let us know so we can update the list!