If you have a child who turns 5 by August 1, 2020, you need to know the details about Vigo County School Corporation kindergarten registration!
Vigo County School Corporation Kindergarten Registration
This year registration takes place ONLINE!
This information was recently published by the VCSC. You can find registration updates on the VCSC facebook event.
How to register your child:
1. Know your child’s districted school. Visit this link to see boundary maps: http://metadot.vigoschools.org/metadot/index.pl….
2. Visit tinyurl.com/vcsckindy.
-If you do not have a child in a Vigo County school, you will need to create a Skyward login by clicking “New Student Online Enrollment – Username/Password Registration.” Once you have a login, you can click on “New Student Online Enrollment – Student Registration.”
-If you have a student in a Vigo County school, simply click on “New Student Online Enrollment – Student Registration.” and use your existing Skyward login and password.
3. Complete each section, making sure that you click save at the bottom of each page. Once you have completed each of the 6 sections, click the button to submit the application.
Questions? Contact your school’s principal via e-mail. You can find each school’s website, with principal contact information, at http://metadot.vigoschools.org/metadot/index.pl….
All Vigo County schools have full day kindergarten, and students attend school from 8:15-2:40.
• Children who will be 5 on or before August 1, 2020 should register for kindergarten.
• An early entrance appeal is available to children born August 2-31.
• While students are expected to register in their home district, there may be circumstances that cause families and caregivers to request a permit to attend a different school. A permit must be approved by the receiving school’s principal. Contact the receiving school’s principal via e-mail to request a permit.
Kindergarten orientation will take place later in the spring and will allow the children to see the school and participate in fun activities.
If your kids aren’t quite ready for kindergarten, make sure you check out this list of local preschools that our readers love and recommend!