In 2020, families are searching for outdoor activities and local farm fresh produce in Terre Haute, so we put together a list of farm-to-table produce stands, berry patches, and community-supported agriculture (CSA) programs available right here in the Wabash Valley!
Farm-Fresh Produce in Terre Haute and the Wabash Valley
- The Terre Haute Farmers’ Market meets in the parking lot of Meadows Shopping Center on Saturday mornings. Vendors sell homemade baked goods, meat, craft items, and produce. Buy from the actual farmers who grow your produce as resale is not allowed.
- At the White Violet Farm Store you can find carrots, kale, soup, eggs, lettuce, and more. Curbside pick-up available!
- The Pickery is a certified organic vegetable farm. Pick your own or select pre-picked items from their farm stand. In 2020, they also started a CSA.
- L&A Family Farms in Paris, IL (home of the famous Sunflower Maze) sells produce, meat, and eggs and has a CSA. The demand for products during the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our inventory of some items, but we’re still open by appointment or ready to fill your online orders for *delivery* — that’s right: delivery routes are set for Paris, Marshall, Terre Haute, and Clinton to keep you supplied with quality meats, eggs, and produce during the pandemic.
- District 6 Market is brand new in 2020! This year, this will be a drive-thru service. You will pull up to the Market and tell us your name as we stand at least 6’ from your vehicle. With gloves and a mask, we will then collect your items and place them into your vehicle for you. Pre-order/pre-pay only.
- Fresh on Cypress at Miller Farms is a family owned and operated, thornless blackberry farm in southern Terre Haute, IN. You can often find their stand at the Terre Haute Farmer’s Market.
- Ditzler Orchard is in Rosedale (North of TH) and about 25-minutes from central Terre Haute. Picking should still start May 28. Curbside(or porchside) service will be available. No eating in. Masks please inside. Limited number of customers. Updated pay options for no touch exchanges.
- Those who live closer to Brazil may want to check out Tuckers in Clay City. (Tucker Farm Produce on facebook). They are about six miles south of the 46 and 59 intersection. In 2020, they will have a limited supply of pre-picked strawberries (no u-pick). They are grown at a different location so we will be delivering 2 or 3 days a week to the stand. Call or message your orders. They will be $5/quart.
- About 51 miles from Terre Haute in Cloverdale is a patch called MG Strawberry Farm. Their first season in Cloverdale was 2016.
- In Rosedale, Indiana (about 45 minutes from Terre Haute) there’s a place called Yowell Farms.
- In Fillmore, Indiana, there’s a place called Chandler’s Farm that has berries, apples, pumpkins, meat, and vegetables.
- About 60 miles to the southwest of Terre Haute is a place called Bigard’s Strawberry Patch and Peach Orchard in Newton, Illinois.
- If you’re willing to venture towards Bloomington, Scottish Acres in Bowling Green has had u-pick patches.
- About an hour from Terre Haute is an ORGANIC farm called Sweetness Farms in Fillmore, Indiana.
- Terre Foods is a member-owned, natural foods grocery store that is forming in Terre Haute, Indiana that will focus on local and organic products.
Farms, berry patches, and produce stands come and go, so please call or message them to confirm before you head out for a visit!
Want to find out what’s open in Terre Haute this summer? We have a post!
Blann Berries and Pumpkin Works have both closed.