Family Learning Day is back at the Vigo County Public Library! Mark your calendar for September 18, 2021.
This post is made possible thanks to our ongoing partnership with our friends at the Vigo County Public Library!
Family Learning day is BACK! And this year, the library is using Family Learning Day to focus on reconnecting your family with the community. They want to highlight what makes the Wabash Valley an excellent place to raise your family all year, which is a goal Haute Happenings will always support!
Family Learning Day takes place from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m!
In 2021, the library’s goal is to use Family Learning Day to introduce hundreds of children and their families to new forms of art, music, and creative activities on one morning in September. Each child will leave with free books and memories of an exciting day! Each community organization provides something unique during Family Learning Day and they already have 22 confirmed organizations for September 18. We think this might be one of the biggest and best Family Learning Day yet!
Did we mention it’s FREE?
Family Learning Day at the Vigo County Public Library
- Love on Leash will be teaching children the difference between therapy dogs, service animals, ESA animals. Teaching kids about properly petting and approaching a dog.
- The Chinese School of the Wabash Valley will be doing Chinese calligraphy.
- The Community School of the Arts of ISU will be offering bucket drumming
- The Terre Haute Parks and Recreation Department will be teaching kids to cast a fishing pole by playing Backyard Bass.
- The Pride Center of Terre Haute will be “Planting Pride” – which will include planting small potted plants – providing children an opportunity to see a variety of colors, shapes, and textures of plants that are as unique as they are!
- The Vigo County Health Department is offering free COVID-19 vaccinations for ages 12 and up. Choose either the Pfizer vaccine (two doses three weeks apart, for ages 12 and up) or the Johnson and Johnson vaccine (one dose, for ages 18 and up).
- The Terre Haute Fire Department’s Sparky the Fire Dog Mascot will be promoting fire safety and letting kids use a small ball launcher attached to a fire hose to simulate knocking out a fire.
- ISU Center for Bat Research, Outreach, and Conservation will be allowing families to create and decorate their own paper bats while discussing the characteristics of bats.
They will have a purified bottle filled station, so feel free to bring a bottle to fill to keep cool. It can get warm during this event!
There will be at least three stations giving away books, so come prepared to build your home library!
Thank you to Sarah and Elizabeth for your work on this programming and for providing key details and highlights of 2021 Family Learning Day at the Vigo County Public Library!
Read more about the hidden gems we’ve found at the library HERE!