Paris, Illinois has been a hot destination for Wabash Valley families this summer! By clicking through our site, you can read all about our family trip to the free public beach and the Tiger Falls Splash Pad.
If you prefer something inside, you can find out about the free summer movies in Paris, Illinois in our Summer Movie Guide.
But today’s post is about a family activity that will disappear soon. It’s the Wabash Valley’s very own sunflower maze! How cool is that?! This seasonal attraction was new in 2016, but I hope it’s something that reappears each summer for many years to come.
These pictures are from a friend who visited in 2016. Our family finally had the chance to visit in 2017!
There was a wagon ride, 30 minutes of exploring in the flowers, and popsicles purchased from the on-site store at the end of our adventure. A few tips:
- It wouldn’t be a terrible idea to bring an umbrella for shade.
- I’m glad my big girls wore boots. I did find a tick crawling on me later (I was wearing flip flops in the field), but it could have come from someplace else! Just be smart. Wear sunscreen. Drink water. You know the drill
- I needed a carrier for our tot. Why didn’t I grab our carrier?
- If you’ve been to Pumpkin Works, you’re familiar with the area. The farm is just a mile or so away!
Although this farm has a Paris address, it’s about half the distance to this maze as it is to the beach and splash pad. Google maps says it’s just 18 minutes (10 miles) from Terre Haute as opposed to 32 minutes to Twin Lakes.
Wabash Valley Sunflower Maze
The 10-acre sunflower maze is on the property of L&A Family Farms. Here are some of the details mentioned on their website:
- The admission fee to the maze is $5.00 per person. Kids 5 and under are free.
- Parking is available at the farm store where you will be able to purchase your tickets.
- You choose whether to ride our wagon to the maze or walk one of our ag trails to the maze. The ag trail will take you through our gardens and beside our laying hens.
- For the safety of our visitors and livestock, we do not allow pets in the maze unless they are service animals.
- Our concession stand, featuring our own burgers and brats, will be open every weekend (except July 7-8) from 11am to 1pm and 4 to 6 on Saturdays and from 12 to 6pm on Sundays.
Monday-Friday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Sundays: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Maze entry ends 30 minutes prior to closing.
L&A Family Farms operates on Central time, which is one our behind most Indiana counties.
The 2017 maze should open in the middle of July! Follow the L&A social media accounts for updates!