Summer Childcare and Full Day Camp Options for Terre Haute and the Wabash Valley
We know that parents and guardians can stress over summer childcare and full day camp options; our hope is that this portion of the Haute Happenings summer camp guide makes the decision a bit easier. These summer-long camps carry families through most of summer and give children plenty of opportunities for fun, structure, free play, adventures with friends, crafts, education, and exercise!
All-Day Summer Camps and Programs
Featured Camp from our Partners at Camp Navigate
Camp Navigate says this:
We are so excited about this year’s theme- “What A Wonderful World!” Our summer will be centered around creating a Global Mindset. In the next few years, even more so than now, our workforce will need to adapt to other cultures and traditions. We want to develop a love for those that may live and work a little differently than we do!
Find out more at www.campnavigate.org by using the following steps:
- Choose “Summer Camp and After School Care” link
- In the drop-down, choose “Summer Camp”
- Scroll down and discover weekly themes
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Enroll Now” link
- Complete the Summer Camp 2023 registration form
Enroll in Summer Camp 2023 with Camp Navigate!
New in 2023!
Indiana State University and the Community School of the Arts have received a grant to help young people further explore their interests, learn new skills and envision a future for themselves in college and has invited Camp Navigate to partner with them! What does that mean for your child?
This summer, your Camp Navigate child will be able to spend one week at ISU. Each grade level will be able to experience many fun activities designed by ISU staff and swim in the ISU pool.
- It is not an overnight camp.
- Buses will transport your child every morning and afternoon from Camp Navigate to ISU.
- There will be no extra costs for this amazing program!
- Camp Navigate will pack a sack lunch for each child.
- Your child will not miss a Camp Navigate field trip. We have planned the ISU weeks around our field trips.
- Each grade level will be assigned one week (this designated week is on the Camp Navigate 2023 camp flyer and registration form). This week at ISU will also be filled with fun and exciting themes which include, art, music, theatre and STEAM activities.
- If you prefer your child not attend, please indicate that on the registration form.
- If they do not attend they will spend the week with the age group directly below them.
- Your child’s mentor/s will be joining them at ISU.
- Middle school students will follow a slightly different program. They will be attending ISU’s Rock week and will need to commit to additional weekend days. Please call for more info.
Featured Camps from our Partners at ISU Community School of the Arts
Registration is now open for our partners at Community School of the Arts at Indiana State University!
Not only do our partners at ISU CSA have appealing themes, but their hours likely work for families who are looking for daytime programming that coordinates with work hours!
Kids love that most of these camps include swimming, and parents love the variety of themes!
These camps are fun, week-long immersions into a various theme, which will include art, music, theater, games and more. Camps are a full-day so that students can enjoy different activities throughout the day and from week to week. All materials are provided unless otherwise specified.
Choose as many sessions as your family wants or needs!
- May 30 – June 2: Van Gogh and Friends (Grades K-5). Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 5 -9: Toymakers (Grades K-5). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 5-9: Toymakers (Grades 6-8). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 12-16: Design, Create, Build (Grades K-5). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 20-23: Comic Book Adventure (Grades 6-8). Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 20-23: Comic Book Adventure (Grades K-5). Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 26-30: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) (Grades 6-8). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- June 26-30: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) (Grades K-5). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- July 3-7: Nature Unleashed (Grades K-5). M, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- July 17-21: Camp Rewind (Grades 6-8). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- July 17-21: Camp Rewind (Grades K-5). M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- July 9 – 15. Rock Camp! (5th – 8th grade). Su, M, Tu, W, Th, F and Sa from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- July 9 -15. Rock Camp! (9th – 12th grade). Su, M, Tu, W, Th, F and Sa from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- July 13 -July 15. WOW! Workshop on Woodwinds (Entering grades 9-12). Th, F and Sa from 8:45 AM to 6:00 PM
Featured Camps from our Partners at the Terre Haute Children’s Museum:
Summer means longer days, warmer temperatures and endless opportunities for children to explore at the Terre Haute Children’s Museum. This summer, there are so many chances to learn cool science concepts and have hands-on learning opportunities at summer camp. Our trained and experienced educators provide a blend of educational and interactive play experiences for all children. In addition to having a great week at summer camp, learning about a specific topic, each camper will have an opportunity to explore the Museum and spend time on the Ropes Challenge Course*.
- Camp Discovery for ages 3-5. June 5-June 9 from 8 am- 12 pm.
- Messy Science Camp for ages 6-12. June 19-June 23. 8 am – 5:30 pm.
- Fairy Tale STEM Camp for ages 4 to 8. July 5-July 7. 8 am – 5:30 pm.
- A Space Odyssey for ages 6-12. July 10-14. 8 am -5:30 pm.
- Animal Encounters for ages 5-10. 8 am -5:30 pm.
Full-Time Summer Camps
- Summer Camp from Terre Haute Parks and Recreation. Monday through Friday from May 31 to August 9 (excluding holidays) from 7:30-5:30 daily. Ages 5-12 are welcome. The cost is $30/per day/per child or $125 per week. Pre-registration is required. For questions & to register call the Torner Center at 812-232-0147.
- Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club. May 25- August 9. Drop off 7:30 – 8:30 AM and pick-up by 5:30 PM. $65 per week 1st child, $60 per week each additional child or $20 per day per child (minimum of 2 days per week).
- Camp Rave operates in the summer starting May 30th through August 4th, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The cost is $80 per week and includes breakfast, lunch, snack, t-shirt, swimming (to be determined) and field trips (to be determined).
- Day Camp at the Vigo County YMCA and Clay County YMCA: The Clay County YMCA says this: Camp hours (in Clay County) begin at 9 am. Extended care hours are 6:30-9am and 4-6 pm for an additional weekly fee. Breakfast, lunch, and a snack provided daily. Bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, and a water bottle bottle daily. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothing that allows for weather and play.
As always, typos happen and details change. Please confirm information with camp coordinators before making your plans. In the uncertain times of COVID-19, information changes quickly. This list is intended as a research resource not a recommendation for which activities your family should or should not participate in this summer.