Did the latest news from Vigo County School Corporation send you into a tailspin?
Help is here! A few community organizations are stepping up to help students by providing remote learning options for local families!
Our featured option is from our partners at the Terre Haute Children’s Museum.
For about the same price as one hour of one-on-one tutoring, you can send your kids to our partners at Terre Haute Children’s Museum for a day of remote learning!
The Museum Academy: A/B Schedule is a learning pod program for students on the in-person A/B Schedule. On their “at home” days, students will receive in-person support from museum education staff, while also interacting, safely, with a small group of children.
The focus will be on completing remote learning schoolwork, so that your child’s afternoons and evenings are free for other things!
This program has a 3-week schedule to coincide with the VCSC. Your tuition covers all three weeks and will be paid at the time of registration.
Need more ideas? Check out this list!
- Beginning September 8, Chances And Services for Youth will offer All-Day Remote Learning support to students following the A/B schedule!
- Camp Navigate and Kids in Community Connection at World Gospel Church are partnering together to offer all-day e-learning support.
- Climbing breaks are encouraged during Rambler’s Discovery Project at the Climbing Cafe! Bring a book, school work, and your musical instruments for practice time.
- The Vigo County YMCA alternative child care is open 6am – 6pm. Students should bring their chromebook, packets, or workbooks.
- Beginning September 8, the Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club “Clubhouse” program will provide homework help and activities for members from 12:00-7:00 pm.
Ready to take the plunge and try homeschooling? We have resources for that, too!