Will the weather cooperate for outdoor trick or treating? It’s hard to say for sure! If it does storm or get frigid cold, no worries. Here are fourteen indoor Halloween activities to check out for Halloween in and around Terre Haute!
Indoor Halloween Activities in Terre Haute and the Wabash Valley
- Both branches (west and main) of the library are ready to welcome your family into their cozy buildings for some Halloween fun. One option: check out the Halloween Book Giveaway from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Main Branch of the Vigo County Public Library on Friday, October 26. Put on your costume and start your night of Trick or Treating downtown with a free book!
- The weather will be perfect for the indoor Halloween Party at ISU Barnes and Noble! On October 27, they will be reading a spooky tale and working on spooky crafts together. Costumes welcome but not required. The event is free and is set up as a come in go as you please. So no need to be on time or stay until the end.
- Also on October 27, babies will love exploring inside of the Terre Haute Children’s Museum. Pumpkins are everywhere, even at the museum. Taste, touch, scent, sound, and sight are activated with these orange fruits. Join us for this sense-ational “Baby Explorer” program!
- Rain or cold can’t stop the Halloween Party at Terre Haute Skate World on October 27. Come skating and have a SPOOKY GOOD TIME!
- Wind could change an airplane’s flight plan, but it won’t stop you from flying into the Halloween Extravaganza at The Fly-In Cafe. Pancake breakfast, pumpkin carving, games and activities and a costume contest on October 27.
- On October 28, dress up for the Halloween Costume Contest at Bogey’s Family Fun Center. Must be 13 years of age or under to participate. Prizes will be given for Scariest, Cutest, Funniest, and Best Homemade. Prizes will also be given to all participants.
- It’s not indoors, but CASA has a plan if it rains on October 29th! CASA Trunk or Treat. Come join us for a family fun night of games, food and of course CANDY! And what’s even better than CANDY? It’s all free! If it rains, no fret, we have a rain date as well. Food items are while supplies last!
- Clay County YMCA’s Fall Family Fun Night is taking place inside on October 27. Come in your Halloween best to the YMCA Family Fun Night for games, treats and the Monster Mile Dash. Registration is currently open at the YMCA for just $10 per person. A costume judging contest will follow.
- Pop into Terre Haute Chick-fil-A for the fall party (October 29 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.) with games, candy, and costume contest or story time on Tuesday, October 30 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Mother Goose is on the Loose at Fresh Thyme on October 30th!
- No need to bundle up when you can trick or treat in the climate-controlled wonderfulness of one of our local malls. On October 31 from 5:00-7:00 p.m., you can trick or treat at Meadows Shopping Center.
- Also on October 31 from 5:00-6:00 p.m., trick or treating at Honey Creek Mall. Participating stores will hand out candy at their doors; walk the mall and stop at stores that have the orange “Trick-or-Treat Here” signs posted. Costumes are welcome, but no face masks or weapons will be allowed for the safety and security of all. We want to make this a frightfully enjoyable evening for everyone.
- Did you know that there will be a Halloween Tree at American Rental? This Halloween tree will have candy for kids during store hours for Tuesday the 30th from 9 am to 6pm and Wednesday the 31st from 9 to 5.
- Feeling brave? If you dare, most of the local haunted houses will be up and running on Halloween night. See our full list of haunted places HERE.
- Let’s do the time warp again! AMC Theatres will be showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween night for $5 plus tax!
- A little cold, rain, or snow won’t close a restaurant! Your kiddos can eat for free or cheap if you put the special promotions in our “Kids Eat Free on Halloween” guide to good use! Pancakes, pizza, ice cream, oh my!
You can find lots more Halloween outdoor fun (food, bounce houses, hayrides, magic shows, and more!) in our gigantic Trunk or Treat Guide!