Celebrate Dad! 11 Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day in Terre Haute
June 11, 2018 | Events, Featured | No Comments|
It’s almost Father’s Day in Terre Haute, and this weekend we’re celebrating dear old dad! But of course the local events we’re highlighting below are fun for all types of families and parent figures! The important thing is that you use our calendars to have some fun with friends and family in our community.
For the “Corny” Dad: Put together a “Best Pop” gift basket at Baesler’s on Wednesday, June 13.Missed it this time? There’s always next year! For the Nature-Loving Dad: Do you know your birds by song alone? Explore the vocal gymnastics performed by several common birds and learn how to commit bird songs to memory using spectrograms at the Vigo County Public Library on Friday, June 15th.The fun has ended for this great event!
- For the Dog-Loving Dad: Wag, Walk, and Wine at WaterTower Estates. Bring your furry friend(s) and enjoy a walk on the winery trails! Includes one glass of wine, 8×10 digital photo of you and your furry friend, and yummy treat you and your fur baby!
- For the Dad Who Likes a Sweet Deal: Ritter’s Frozen Custard will give a FREE scoop to Dad on Father’s Day and Grand Traverse Pie Company will give dad a FREE slice of pie!
- For the Sports-Loving Dad: Take dad out to a Rex ballgame.
- For the Green Dad: Saturday the 16th is Kids’ Day at the Terre Haute Farmers Market! Dad can pick up some locally-grown produce while the kids enjoy face painting, LEGO bricks, lemonade stands, and more!
- For the Dad Who Loves Music: Take the kids to a FREE Children’s Concert in the park! There will be face painting, books, refreshment, a children’s parade, and music from Disney to the Beatles. Everything is free!
- For the Dad Who Walks for a Good Cause: Celebrate diversity and inclusion during the 3rd annual Diversity Walk. on June 16th. The Diversity Walk is a FREE event in downtown Terre Haute that is designed to unify our community and spread messages of respect, acceptance, and inclusion.
- For the Dad Who Loves to Bike: Saturday is Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day at Griffin Bike Park.
- For the Dad Who Likes to Grill Out: Celebrate Father’s Day at Fresh Thyme on June 16th from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. They are grilling out Brats for a Buck, and the proceeds will be donated to a local nonprofit.
- For the Dad Who Likes to Fish: On June 16th, head to the Vigo County Conservation Club for a FREE Fishing Rodeo for Kids!
- For the Not-Afraid-of-Heights Dad: It’s not open just yet, but why not go ahead and make plans to send dad to the Terre Haute Children’s Museum next week to check out the BRAND NEW Ropes Course!
Like what you see here? There are even more events in our June calendar of things to do in Terre Haute!