Okay, friends, I am just a few edits away from publishing our FALL ACTIVITY GUIDE! I wanted to publish it tonight, but I decided to hold off so that I could share with you a round-up of all the fun things happening this weekend in Terre Haute!
You’ll want to check back tomorrow for the guide. And then, if you like it, please share it! It’s a lot of work to put together, but the final product is worth it if you put it to good use!
Okay, without further ado, check out the weekend events!
Click on the links for more information.
- Tour the renovated library on Friday, September 26 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Enjoy refreshments and a tour of the newly remodeled facility.
- The Cory Apple Festival is September 26, 27, & 28th. There will be yard sales, a flea market, corn hole tournament, lawnmower derby, and a parade! Cory is located southeast of Terre Haute on State Road 46.
- Barnes and Noble will be hosting “the Blue Zone,” a free event that sounds great for kids! Bounce house, duck pond, face painting, temporary tattoos, games, and a bubble station. 12-2 p.m. on Saturday, September 27 in the ISU bookstore parking lot.
- Family Learning Day will be held on Saturday at the library from 9 a.m. until noon. Crafts, games, music, AND FREE BOOKS.
- UFO Tribute Celebration to benefit the Vigo County Historical Museum. The family fun event is from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday at the airport. You’ll see World War II actors, a vintage aircraft, and a special performance by the Crosley Radio Players. $5 per person or $20 per car. Plane rides available for $20.
- Free skating at the Wigwam. 1:00-4:00 p.m. and 7:00-11:00 p.m. Skate rental $3.
- Families are invited to attend the last rehearsal before the Symphony concert on Saturday. 2:00-2:30 p.m. FREE.
- ISU Family Football Day at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, September 27th. Cornhole, food and drinks, kids’ carnival, and superheroes!
- Meet the alpacas at the open house at the White Violet Center on Sunday, September 28th from 1- 4 p.m.