No summer camp guide would be complete without a list of local athletic camps and summer sports teams! Read on to be sure your child doesn’t miss out on the active and athletic fun!
Our 2019 Summer Camp Guide is proudly sponsored by ISU Community School of the Arts!
Community School of the Arts camps are fun, week-long immersions into a various theme which will include art, music, theater, swimming and more! Most camps are full-day so that students can enjoy different activities throughout the day and from week to week. All materials are provided unless otherwise specified. You can register campers for one week or all eight! Designed for beginning to intermediate levels, students need no prior experience. Classes, lunch and breaks are fully supervised by CSA instructors and staff. Instructors are ISU faculty, ISU graduate arts students and ISU undergraduate arts education majors. All fitness sessions are taught or supervised by instructors and lifeguards, and are designed for children at all fitness levels.
Campers can swim, explore the gardens and greenhouse, put on a show, learn to dance, make fresh salsa, play piano and instruments, create comic books, and/or stay overnight on campus for residential Rock Camp.
Parents may drop off children between 7:45-8:00 a.m. and pick them up between 5:00-5:15 p.m.
Vigo County YMCA Summer Camps
YMCA day camps give campers a fun, exciting, active summer while focusing on academic enrichment, physical activity, and healthy eating for children entering in kindergarten through sixth grade. This will be the Best Summer Ever with character building team activities, crafts, and STEAM learning. Campers will take many fun field trips. A healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks are served each day, and is included in the program fees.
Clay County and Putnam County YMCA Summer Camps
Clay County and Putnam County sites are open daily from 6:00am-6:00pm and welcome children entering kindergarten through 8th grade.
YMCA camps consists of summer learning enrichment, STEM activities, science experiments, physical activity, swimming and games. Campers will take field trips throughout the summer to fun learning environments, and will also experience guest speakers. Free breakfast, lunch and snack,and scholarships are available.
Concerned about costs? The Y is here to help. Contact 812-442-6761 for questions regarding our scholarship program, or stop by the branch at 225 E Kruzan St. in Brazil, IN to fill out an application for financial assistance today.
Ready to spring into swimming? Register for group or private lessons at Rose-Hulman. This group program is structured to promote water familiarization, safety, correct stroke technique and personal development within an enjoyable and safe environment. Each session consists of six, 45-minute lessons (except for Parent/Child and Level 1, which are 30 minutes in length).
Group Swim Lessons: April and May.
Private Lessons: These lessons can happen at any point in the year.
Please call or email Seth Woodason (email@example.com) to find out more or enroll!
Summer Sports Camps from Indiana State University
- Baseball: Summer Prospect Showcase Camp (June 10, July 8, July 30)
- Basketball: Boys Day Camp (June 17-20) open to all grades
- Basketball: Boys Day Camp (July 8-11) open to lst grade thru entering 7th grade
- Basketball: Boys Team Shootout Camp (June 12) for high schools
- Basketball: Girls Elite Camp (June 23) for high school varsity
- Basketball: Girls Sycamore Team Camp (June 21-22) for high school varsity and junior varsity
- Basketball: Girls Youth Camp (June 24-27) for girls entering grades K-8
- Soccer: High School Soccer Team Camp for girls high school teams only
- Soccer: Soccer ID Camp for girls ages 13 and up
- Soccer: Soccer Two-Day Prospect Camp for girls ages 13 and up
- Soccer: Youth Soccer Camp for boys and girls ages 5 to 14
- Softball: Girls Softball Camp (June 10-11) for girls ages 13-18
- Swim Camp (June 17-21) for boys and girls ages 8-18—details coming soon
- Swim Overnight Camp (June 23-28) for boys and girls ages 8-18—details coming soon
- Volleyball: Elite Volleyball Day Camp (July 2) for grades 7-12
- Volleyball: Elite Volleyball Overnight Camp (July 6-7) for grades 7-12
- Volleyball: First Fridays at ISU Camp (May 3, June 7, July 5, and August 2) for grades 8-12
- Volleyball: Junior Trees Volleyball Camp (July 22-24) for ages 6-12
Athletic Camps from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Engineer Elite Football Camps Engineer Elite is designed for rising seniors and juniors interested attending Rose-Hulman and learning more about our football program. You will learn why Rose-Hulman is the BEST place in the country to study engineering, math and science and experience the excitement of the Fightin’ Engineer football program.
- Softball Prospect Camp. Grades 9-12.
- Summer volleyball camps. Little Engineers (grades 2-5), Middle School Camp (grades 6-8), and Prospect Camp (grades 10-12).
Summer basketball camp at the Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club. Registration for this program is the beginning of May through mid-June. This is a one-week instructional camp for grades K- 8th. For more information, please contact us at 812-232-2046.
Soccer camp at Terre Haute South. July 15, 16, & 17th from 9:30 – 11:30 am (registration July 15th, 9:00 at concession stand). Location: Terre Haute South Soccer Complex. Cost: $20.00. Ages: 5 – middle school. Only children from THS School District can participate. Bring a water bottle, soccer ball, shin guards. Questions? Please contact: Coach Hubbard firstname.lastname@example.org (812) 249-6094 or Coach Stephens at 812-243-4132 email@example.com.
Soccer Camp at Terre Haute North. Friday, July 12th from 9a-1p. Email coach Kyle Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Challenger Sports Soccer Camp in Sullivan and Putnam County. Challenger Sports run over 4,000 professionally staffed summer camps and year-round coaching programs for players of all ages and abilities. Conveniently located in your local soccer communities, and in addition to helping develop your child’s soccer skills, confidence, and understanding of the game, Challenger encourages children to become independent learners; to develop socially; and to better understand the meaning of respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and leadership.
Kids Bowl Free. Two FREE games each weekday from April 13-August 26. Terre Haute Bowling Center.
Family Yoga at the Maple Center. Parents and their children are invited to join this special yoga series designed for yogis of all ages. Instructor Ellie Templeton will be leading parents and kids through basic yoga poses, breathing techniques, simple meditation and relaxation. Games, music, props and partner poses will make the class engaging for all students. No prior yoga experience needed. Mats and other equipment will be provided.
Wabash Valley Road Runners presents the FREE Kids Running Program for ages 4 – 12. Sign up for 2019 Kids Running Program will be on June 3rd, 2019 at the Lions 3 Shelter in Deming Park at 6 p.m. The program will begin June 6th and last through July 1st leading up to The Mile race on July 4th. Join the “Lace It Up” facebook group for updates.
Summer Track with Indiana State Athletic Club. Outdoor track for ages 6-19. Join over 100 athletes (ages 6-18) from across the area this summer for track and field training and competitions. Our team focus is on improving each athlete, no matter the skill level starting out. When you join Indiana State Athletic Club, you are joining a large family of tradition, success, and passion for individual and team improvement. All aspects of high level athleticism are trained, including: Proper Mechanics, Efficiency, Confidence, Tactics, Flexibility, Respect, Teamwork, Nutrition, and Event Knowledge. Registration is free. Season costs, if not already obtained, will be $20 USATF Membership, $30 IYTA Fee (Covers all 4 meets entries!), and Uniform $30. You can pay those now or when you begin in May.
REX Baseball Camp. Campers will learn the basic skills of baseball from our very own REX Players and Coaches! 2019 Summer Camp Dates (from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.): June 8th, June 28th,
July 19th. Rain out date: August 2. Each camper will receive: 1 ticket to any home game, restaurant coupons, 1 Kids Zone Pass, apparel coupons, shirt for campers who sign up for all three dates!
Boxing Boot Camp from Sweatbox Gym. 2 sessions of Boxing Bootcamp this summer: Session I: June 4-6, 10am-1pm. Session II: July 23-25, 10am-1pm. $65/boxer, includes: 3 days of training like a boxer; daily snack; games; life lessons; discipline and motivation; T-shirt and participation award! Sweatbox Gym 1627 Poplar St., call 812-232-5595 for more information! Ages 5 and up.
Dance and Tumbling Camps
Summer Dance Camps at World of Dance. Find a love for dance this summer! Ages 4-9 will get to experience one week each of ballet, tap, and jazz during each monthly session. Younger dancers ages 2-3 will learn movement, music appreciation, and social skills. Optional performance at the Farmer’s Market on National Dance Day as well! Contact Amanda at 812-251-4909 for information as classes are sure to fill quickly! Please contact Amanda Wolfe at email@example.com to register.
“Try Everything” Dance Camps at Terre Haute Academy of Dance. This camp is designed to give the student a taste of all the dance styles offered at Academy of Dance! Throughout the week students will be given lessons in ballet, modern, tap, and jazz and will offer a studio showing on Friday for family and friends. A light snack break and craft time will be provided daily. Since the student is just “trying out” different styles, special shoes are not needed for this week. Socks can replace ballet slippers and jazz shoes. Dress shoes can replace tap shoes. Modern is done in bare feet. Leotard and tights are preferred. Dance skirt optional. Tuition is $100.00 per camp. Entering Kindergarten through 2nd Grade: Camp 1 meets: June 17 – June 21. 10:00—12:30 p.m. (includes 30-minute snack break), Monday through Friday. Entering 3rd through 5th Grade: Camp 2 meets: July 16 – July 20. 10:00—12:30 p.m. (includes 30-minute snack break), Monday through Friday.
Princess Dance Camps with Nancy Sauer School of Theatrical Dancing. Princess Dance Camps ages 3-7 in Terre Haute on June 18-20 from 8am – noon and July 10-12 from 8am – noon. In Sullivan July 10-12 from 2pm – 5pm. Diva Dance Camp ages 8 and up in Terre Haute on June 18-20 from 1pm-5pm and July 22-24 from 8am-noon. In Sullivan, July 22-24 from 2pm-5pm.All camps include 3 days of instruction, T-shirt, craft and snack each day. Also an updo and/or nails painted on the final day for our super fun performance at the studio for friends and family! Registration is online at nancysauerdance.com. Call for more information: 812-232-5595. $80 per dancer.
Camps at Illiana Gymnastics. Gymnastics Camp June 3rd-6th. Cheer Camp June 10th – 13th. Tumbling Camp June 17th-20th. Stay N’ Play camp June 24th – 27th. Gymnastics Camp July 8th – 11th. Tumbling Camp July 15th – 18th. $80 for first camp. $75 for each additional camp
The following camps and classes are on our radar (from 2018), but details have yet to be announced for 2019. We’ll update this page when we know more!
- Summer Volleyball Clinic at Honey Creek Middle School. $5 per session. Mondays and Wednesdays from June 26 to August 2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Girls ages 7-14.
- Strive to Dance Camp at Strive 365. June 28 and June 29. $30.00. Ages: 4 – 10. Times: 4yrs – 6yrs (9am-11am) 7yrs – 10yrs (12pm – 2pm). Get ACTIVE this Summer and learn a new dance. Camp participants will perform at the Terre Haute Rex baseball game on June 29! Free T-Shirt
- Ninja, Cheer, Gymnastics, and Tumbling camps at Wabash Valley Tumbling and Gymnastics.
- Terre Haute Junior Tennis Association summer tennis program.Sign ups are June 4. They will run morning sites at Honey Creek for two weeks then the courts are being resurfaced. Then the morning sites will be at West Vigo and North from 9-11 The afternoon program will be at North again from 1 to 4. Brochures will be online at thjta.com. This program is offered free of charge to any school-age child (k-9) at listed locations.
- Tennis Classes for Kindergarten – 6th Grade. The class is now free of charge, and the dates are June 5-July 19 on Tues/Thurs from 11- noon at South. No lessons the week of July 4th. Parents can register by emailing email@example.com or by showing up on the first day of class to fill out a registration form.