Athletic Camps and Summer Sports Teams
Whether you’re looking for an entry-level commitment or are serious about honing athletic skills, summer is a great time to stay active through sports! Check out what the Wabash Valley has to offer in 2023.
Featured Partner: Rose-Hulman Volleyball
Whether your child wants to try volleyball for the first time or is serious about finely-tuning her game, our partners at Rose-Hulman Volleyball have options for you!
FIGHTIN’ ENGINEERS ELITE TRAINING AND PROSPECT CAMP. GRADES 10-12. Date: July 21-22 Day 1: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM.
The Fightin’ Engineers Elite Training and Prospect Camp is designed to help advanced players with their position specific skills and will give players insight into playing volleyball at the next level. Campers will experience similar training and drills used in the Rose-Hulman Volleyball program. Players that are attending as prospects will get a personalized evaluation from our coaching staff. This feedback will inform players of things they can continue to work on to improve their game with tactical and technical instruction. This camp will include a Question & Answer session presented by current players for those interested in learning more about playing volleyball at the next level. In addition to the camp, we will offer an optional campus preview day on July 21st before the first session. This preview will include a campus tour and admissions presentation for all attendees interested.
ALL SKILLS CAMP. GRADES 6-12. Date: July 19-20 I 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM. Cost: $85.
The All Skills Camp will focus on skill development in every aspect of the game, as well as full team drills and competitive games for skill application.
LITTLE ENGINEERS CAMP. GRADES 2-5. Date: July 17-18 I 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Cost: $65.
The Little Engineers Camp is designed to give young players their first exposure to the basic skills and strategies of the game of volleyball. This camp stresses fundamentals, while giving fun and enthusiastic instruction.
For questions contact Coach Delsi at sellari@rose-Hulman.edu.
Featured Partner: TRY EVERYTHING DANCE CAMPS WITH TERRE HAUTE ACADEMY OF DANCE
This camp is designed to give the student a taste of all the dance styles offered at THAD! Throughout the week, students will be given lessons in ballet, modern, tap and jazz leading up to perform a studio showing on Friday for family and friends. Tuition is $125 per camp per dancer. Half is payable at the time of registration, the remainder is due the first day of the damp. To register or for more information, please email Patti: email@example.com or call (812) 238-9181.
A light snack break and craft time will be provided daily. Since the student is just trying out different styles, special shoes are not needed for this week. Socks can replace ballet slippers and jazz shoes. Dress shoes can replace tap shoes. Modern is done in bare feet. Leotard and tights are preferred. Dance skirt is optional.
- Camp One: Entering 1st through 2nd Grade. June 26-30. Monday to Friday, 1:00-3:00 pm. Monday through Thursday will include a Warm-up, Ballet, Modern, Jazz and Tap. Friday will include a Warm-up, Ballet, Review and a 2:30 showing for Family and Friends
- Camp Two: Entering 3rd through 5th Grade. July 17-21. Monday to Friday, 1:00-3:00 pm. Monday through Thursday will include a Warm-up, Ballet, Modern, Jazz and Tap. Friday will include a Warm-up, Ballet, Review and a 2:30 showing for Family and Friends
2023 JOSH SCHERTZ BASKETBALL CAMP
Both sessions are open to boys and girls from 8-18 years of age (Elementary – through summer before senior year in high school). Individual camp begins at 9am (ET) each day and will conclude at 4 pm. On the first day of both sessions, check in will begin at 8:15 am.
Each individual camp features daily work on fundamentals, decision making, as well as competitive team play and contests. Every camper receives an official camp t-shirt as well as demonstrations and instruction from Sycamore staff and coaches. Campers should bring basketball shoes, t-shirt, shorts and socks as well as an optional sweatshirt or light jacket.
Session 1: June 12-15, 2023
Session 2: June 19-22, 2023
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $200
-Anyone who registers by May 28th will receive a $50 discount
NOT-TOO-LATE DISCOUNT: $225
-Anyone who registers between May 29 – June 11 will receive a $25 discount
BOTH CAMPS: $400
-Sign your child up for both camps and receive a $100 discount!
LUNCH: Lunch will be provided each day of camp. Lunch will rotate daily. Will include: Pizza Hut, Chick Fila, Jimmy Johns, Culvers
Indy Eleven Soccer Clinic with Vigo County Youth Soccer Association
Can’t make a week-long Indy Eleven Camp series, but still want a chance to get your young soccer player training from Indiana’s professional club? Then register your child for an upcoming Indy Eleven Soccer Clinic!
All participants will receive:
- An Indy Eleven tee-shirt
- 2 tickets to an Indy Eleven game – and a discount code for additional tickets
Additional Athletic Summer Camps:
- Basketball Camps (June 12-15 and June 19-22) for boys and girls ages 8-18
- Basketball: Girls Youth Camp (July 24-27) for girls entering grades 2-8
- Football: 1-Day Spotlight Camp (June 18) for students entering grades 9-12, graduated high school seniors (Class of 2023), and junior college athletes from two-year institutions in Fall 2023
- Football: 1-Day Specialist Camp (June 18) for students entering grades 9-12, graduated high school seniors (Class of 2023), and junior college athletes from two-year institutions in Fall 2023
- Soccer: Girls ID Camp (July 15) for all high school ages
- Soccer: Youth Camp (June 19-22) for boys and girls in K through 5th grade
- Soccer: Youth Camp (June 19-22) for boys and girls in K through 8th grade
- Softball: Girls Softball Camps (June 19) for girls ages 8-12
- Softball: Girls Softball Camps (June 20) for girls ages 13-18
- Volleyball: Attacking Camp (July 10-11) for boys and girls in grades 5-12
- Volleyball: Passing Camp (July 10-11) for boys and girls in grades 5-12
- Volleyball: Setting Camp (July 12-13) for boys and girls in grades 5-12
- Volleyball: Serving Camp (July 12-13) for boys and girls in grades 5-12
- Volleyball: General Skills and Play Camp (July 17-18) for boys and girls in grades 5-10
- Volleyball: Elite Skills Prospect ID Camp (July 19-20) for girls in grades 9-12
- First Tee golf program at Rea Park Golf Course in the summer. In the fall, the Country Club of Terre Haute and Idle Creek host programs. For ages 7 and up.
- Terre Haute North Lady Patriots basketball camp. June12-14. Skill development, small-sided games, live competition, pictures and autographs with your favorite players, t-shirt. K-4th: 11:45-1:00 pm. K-5th 1:15-2:30.
- Terre Haute North Basketball Camp for grades K-9.
- Basketball Summer Camp with Wabash Valley Family Sports Center. Camp shirt included!
- Terre Haute South Summer Basketball Camp. Learn skills and drills from THS coaches and players.
- Terre Haute South Braves Softball Camp. June 13-15, 2023. 8 AM – 11 AM Elementary. 12 PM – 3 PM Middle School. Pitching, bunting, hitting, base running, catching instruction, and more!
- Boys Basketball Camp with the West Vigo Vikings. This camp will focus on fundamentals, skill work, and competitions. The camp will also include scrimmages with other local camps. Each camper will receive a t-shirt.
- Clay City High School Softball Camp. June 13th and 14th. Bring your own softball equipment and cleats.
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods high school volleyball camp. This camp is designed to teach and improve skills for high school volleyball players at all positions, entering grades 9-12. Individual instruction and training will focus on passing, setting, attacking, blocking, serving, and defense. Volleyball players will be able to gain experience through drills and games. All camp participants will receive a complimentary t-shirt.
- COA Volleyball Camps and Clinics for elementary and middle school. Elementary School Camp (grades 2 through 5): July 17th – 20th. Camp will be held from 6-8 pm at Woodrow Wilson Middle School. Camp costs $65 per attendee. Middle School Camp (grades 6 through 8): July 24th – 27th. Camp will be held from 6-9 pm at Terre Haute South Vigo High School. Camp costs $85 per attendee.
- Basketball, volleyball, tackle football, cheer, and flag football at the Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club.
- Summer clinics with Terre Haute Junior Tennis Association. Sessions for ages 5-adult hosted at local schools.
- Super Hero Dance Camp with Teresa’s School of Dance. July 10-12. 9am-11:00am. $70.
- Princess Dance Camp, Barbie Dance Camp, and Tik Tok Dance Camp at Nancy Sauer School of Theatrical Dancing.
- Kids Bowl Free all summer long!
- The THIRST Summer Speed And Agility Camp is aimed to improve all these qualities over the course of four group training sessions. Training sessions will be held outside, to work on quickness, power, speed, and explosion for a variety of sports. Sports that can benefit include football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, volleyball, as well as track and field athletes. Ages 10+.
- Summer camp at Jason Gonzalez Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Get ready for an action-packed week at Jason Gonzalez Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Terre Haute, Indiana from June 26th to June 30th, 9am-2pm each day!
- Lace it up! FREE running program for kids! 2023 Lace It Up! Kids Running Program is a free summer running program for kids ages 4-13. The first session will be Monday, June 5th. Kids Running Program meets every Monday and Thursday at 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Lions 3 Shelter in Deming Park. The program will run from June 5th – June 29th. Participants will then run in The Mile which will be held Tuesday, July 4th.
- Cross country conditioning with Terre Haute South Cross Country.
- Terre Haute South Braves Soccer. Date: July 10, 11, & 12th. Time: 9:30 – 11:30 am (registration July 10th at 9:00 am at the concession stand. Location: Terre Haute South Soccer Complex. Cost: $30.00. Ages: 5 – middle school. Note – Only kids from THS School District can participate. Bring a water bottle and soccer ball. Shin guards are required. Questions? Contact Coach Hubbard: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beast Training Blacktop Camp 2023 from Phoenix Elite Gym. Blacktop camp is all about getting the best athletic training in multiple sports. We mix athletics with lifestyle exercises such as leadership building, environmental revitalization, mentorship, and team building. Admission is FREE.
The following athletic options are unconfirmed for 2023.
- Lil’ Acorn Triathlon Club. Intro to sport of triathlon. Swim, bike, run. Ages 5-11.
- Dance camps at World of Dance.
- Rex Baseball youth camp for grades K-8.
- Boxing Bootcamp at Sweatbox Gym.
- Pop-Up Rec Sporting Event with Vigo County Parks and Rec. Join the Rec Coordinator various parks for recreational summer fun! FREE for all ages!
- Summer track with ISU athletic club.
- Flight School.
- Family yoga at the Maple Center and Illumination Wellness.
- Team Green Wrestling Camps.
- Soccer camps at THN.
- Tumbling and cheer clinics at Illiana, Wabash Valley, and Terre Haute Cheer University.
- Clay County Youth Football League in Brazil, IN.
- West Vigo Vikings Baseball Camps.
- Summer volleyball, soccer, baseball, and softball camps with Strive365. Dates TBD.