As we move towards another pandemic holiday that will look anything but traditional, there are still ways to celebrate! Check out what we’ve found for local ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Terre Haute and the Wabash Valley.
20+ Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Terre Haute and the Wabash Valley
- Share a “pizza” your heart with a heart-shaped pizza from Pizza Gallery, Papa John’s, and Marcos Pizza.
- Fondue for two? Grab a to-go fondue box from Cotton Chaos Gourmet Cotton Candy or a cotton candy pop!
- You heart will go on with personalized, heart-shaped cookies from Clabber Girl, heart-shaped donuts from Square Donuts, or heart-shaped trays of nuggets, Chick-n-Minis, cookies, or brownies from Chick-fil-A.
- You’ll be the dancing queen with private dance lessons from The Dance Studio!
- Treat your Valentine (or yourself, we are not judging) to a Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry wine slushie this week from Sycamore Winery and The Ohio Building.
- Feel the love with Valentine’s Day booch, unbeetable kraut, or painful love hot sauce from Ferm Fresh.
- Because you can’t eat flowers, treat your sweetie to a mini-donut bouquet or a mini-donut decorating kit from The Hangry Shack!
- Be “extra” this Valentine’s Day with chocolate-covered strawberries and Moscato from Edibles Catering! They also offer a variety of chocolate-covered fruits (kiwi, pineapple, oranges), chocolate raspberry cups, and valentine cupcakes.
- Brunch, to go! Pick up Valentine’s Day brunch from The Butler’s Pantry and feast with your family at home.
- Dinner is served! Find local Valentine’s Day specials at places such as Richards Farm in Casey (prime rib, filet, ribs, lobster, etc.), curbside from Honeysuckle Hill Bee-stro in Brazil, Kroc’s Old School Butcher Shop (with full meal, a box of chocolates, and a stuffed animal), and a donation dinner by Harvest Bakery to benefit reTHink, Inc.
- Send your valentine or galentine a cozy, relaxing, or love-filled gift from new local business RUMI gifting. Order ASAP because there are limited quantities during their soft launch!
- Treat your date to dinner and a movie courtesy of the Vigo County Public Library. Enjoy a made from scratch, four-star meal and stream a movie on hoopla® from the comfort of your home. Learn how to make your own pasta without fancy equipment and coat it with an easy Alfredo sauce. A video will be posted on the library’s social media on Monday, February 8 demonstrating how to prepare this recipe.
- What’s more romantic than a pottery throw? On February 12th and 13th, Deming Park Pottery is hosting Valentine’s Date Night Pottery. Light refreshments provided, masks required, pre-registration required.
- Is your love picture perfect? Head to the coffee shop for photo session called “Coffee Shop Minis.“
- Shop until you drop at the Valentine Vendor Event at Meadows Shopping Center on Saturday, February 13.
- Honey for your honey? reTHink, Inc now has Terre Haute honey! Their products are local AND zero waste!
- Pop into the Dawgleg Bar and Grill at Idle Creek for a a special Valentine’s Day menu and live music by Morgan Taylor on February 13th.
- Treat yo’ self! The Valentine’s Day tasting box from Sugar Studio is perfect for a party of one!
- Make your heart happy with off-the-trail Maple Syrup Hike with Vigo County Parks and Rec on February 13th and explore the vast system of maple syrup lines arranged throughout Prairie Creek Park. The hike will cover approximately 3-3.5 miles and extends beyond the established trails in the park. VCPRD maple syrup will be available to taste and for purchase at the conclusion of the hike.
- Wear red and skate for free at the Valentine’s Day Party at the Wigwam Skate Center on February 14th.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the (White) Castle! Instead of dining inside the Castle, you’ll book a parking spot and enjoy your meal car-hop style with car-side service. A team member will greet you at your car to take your order and provide a brochure with Valentine’s Day activities to enjoy while you wait for your food.
- Try the grey stuff–it’s delicious! The Red Room Cakery will have Valentine’s Day specials including special treats for Disney fans!
- Snuggle up and watch a movie at the drive-in! The Moon Lite Drive-In Theater in Terre Haute is kicking off its 2021 season with Valentine’s Day weekend shows such as The Notebook and My Bloody Valentine.
Want more local fun? Check out our newest posts featuring a paved garden path, private theater rental, and a coffee shop with a view!