Wabash Valley Outdoor Camps, Farm Experiences, and Horseback Riding Camps
March 29, 2023 | Featured, Summer Camp Guide | No Comments|
Families are eager to find camps that put children outside and in nature. In 2023, camp leaders have put together farm camps, adventure camps, and horseback riding camps!
Farm and Nature Experiences
- Vigo County Parks Adventure Camp. June 12-June 16. Spend the week in Fowler Park and Griffin Bike Park mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, fishing, playing outdoor games and sports, and learning outdoor skills. For more information contact our Natural Resource Programmer at 812-462-3392 or Sean.Sluyter@vigocounty.in.gov.
- Day Camps at Aris Farms in Clinton. Day Camp (3 days) 9 am to 2 pm at the farm for kids going into 1st through 5th grade. Kids will learn about animals, gardening, bees, nature, and much more. Activities include crafts, games, barn chores, nature walks, and special guests from the community to share their knowledge.
- One Day Summer Camp at Aris Farms. Jam packed day at the farm for kids going into grades 1 through 8. Tend to and learn about the animals, plant some seeds, wander through the guided nature trail and identify trees and plants, nature crafts and more! Saturday, June 24.
- Summer fun for K-8th at L&A Family Farms. Participants will experiment with soil, start a sunflower patch for kids, visit the pastures, brooder houses and hen houses, gather eggs, and learn about what farm animals like to eat and how they behave. They will also become members of a honeybee hive and work together to keep the hive fed and raise the bee larvae. Kids can choose their own farm craft to make and keep, based on age range. Campers will take home some farm produce, their own seeds to plant, and a ticket for free admission to our sunflower maze later in the summer. Dates TBD for 2023.
- TBD in 2023: 4-H Camp at Shakamak Park. 4-H Camp took place from June 12-15, 2022 at Shakamak State Park in Greene County. Daily activities will include leading campers and/or leading activities including boating, recreation, crafts, swimming, outdoor cooking, nature activities, and lots of silly songs and chants! Camp registration is due May 5. Contact email@example.com or 812-462-3371 for more information.
HORSEBACK RIDING CAMPS
- Rocky Road Ranch Horseback Riding Day Camp. Day camps are geared toward beginner and intermediate level riders. Basic horse care, riding skills, and safety are emphasized. Games, demonstrations, crafts, and hands-on learning are used to enhance a child’s experiences while they are here.
- Equestrian camp for beginner, intermediate, and advanced riders at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
- Spotted Horse Ministries offers a VBS opportunity that includes horseback riding. Keep an eye on their website for more information and/or check their facebook page for updates.
- Cherryvale Stables. Their first Horse Camp will be June 12th-June 16th from 8:30-5:00. The kids will bring a sack lunch and enjoy activities as well as learn proper care and safety skills. Brazil, IN.
- Summer horseback riding camps with JC Show Horses. Fun camp, barrel camp, and day camp.
Typos happen and event details change. Please confirm your plans with event coordinators! Haute Happenings does not approve, evaluate, or report on the safety measures organizations do or do not take in the time of Covid-19. Please make wise and safe decisions for your family and our community!