Miracle on 7th Street 2022
If you attend only one downtown event in Terre Haute, make it Miracle on 7th Street. For our family, Miracle is tradition. We started going when our oldest daughter was just a baby (pictured here!). She’s now twelve!
The coordinators spend an entire year working to make sure it’s an incredibly festive occasion! This post is sponsored as part of our ongoing relationship with the Miracle on 7th Street committee. Read on to see how Miracle on 7th Street can help your family to kick off the holiday season! Stay up to date by following the Miracle on 7th Street facebook page!
Friday and Saturday, December 2nd and 3rd
Downtown Terre Haute
Highlights of Miracle on 7th Street 2022
“Miracle on 7th Street (featuring the Light Your Way Parade) is December 2nd & 3rd.Our committee has been planning diligently for months to bring you Christmas magic in the heart of Downtown Terre Haute! We’re going BIG this year, banking some memories for your family while keeping the Miracle alive- donating back to our local food pantries to keep our most vulnerable fed.”
Read on for specific details!
- Join the Terre Haute community for shopping in tents along Wabash Avenue at this year’s outdoor vendor market. Artisans, Makers, Crafters will be set up in FOUR heated and lit tents.
- Of course the Light Your Way Parade (presented by Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College) is a fan favorite! Check out our post for more info and mark your calendar for 6 pm on Saturday, December 3!
- Visit the Vigo County History Center on Friday, December 2, 6-9pm for FREE admission! The History Center will display a vintage WWII searchlight. Visitors will also have the opportunity to create a “Museum Mouse” craft on the facility’s 3rd Floor. Toys for Tots will visit the History Center lobby with FREE gifts for visitors!
- The Miracle Gingerbread house contest, sponsored by Baesler’s Market, will be displayed inside the Swope Art Museum! Come visit to view the handmade creations. Visitors can also visit the Museum’s 3rd floor to make their own Christmas cards – admission to the Swope is FREE!
- Visit the Miracle Stage, sponsored by The Terre Haute Convention and Visitors Bureau at 7th and Wabash to enjoy holiday music from numerous choirs from around the Wabash Valley! For a full schedule check Miracleon7thStreet.com
- The trackless train powered by Duke Energy will be rolling through downtown Terre Haute on Friday and Saturday.
- The annual tree lighting will take place on Friday, December 2 at 6pm with Santa.
- Local non-profits will decorate and display Christmas Trees in the heart of downtown, located outside the vendor market. Tour the trees and pick your favorite! Sponsored by The Hometown Savings Bank.
- Federal Coffee + Fine Foods will have a pop-up restaurant.
- Listen for live harp music at the Vigo County Public Library.
- NEW IN 2022! Visit with friends and family, carry-out food from local restaurants and food trucks in your own personal IGLOO! The Miracle, thanks to a generous grant from the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, will provide 12 igloos located on Wabash Ave. The 12×12 foot heated igloos will be available both Friday and Saturday. For a furnished, decorated igloo please make a reservation via Eventbrite. Reservations are $100 for two hours. Another six igloos will be available for FREE general admission on a first come first served basis with a one-hour time limit.
And these are just the things that are confirmed! One great thing about Miracle on 7th Street is that there’s always something that will surprise you!
Like what you see? Find more fun in our holiday guide!