Chili, Costume Contest, and Face Painting: Join the Spicy Fun at the Altrusa Chili Cook Off!
The coordinators of the annual Altrusa Chili Cook-Off have been tweaking their event planning recipe to make this annual event even more fun for kids and families!
This year, visitors can enjoy chili, face painting, a costume contest (and parade to the booths for trick-or-treating) for kids, and a beer garden for parents.
All children are invited to participate in a Children’s Costume Contest/ Parade and Trick or Treating. Please have your children meet at the stage at 1:45 p.m. if they would like to participate. The parade will begin at 2pm and prizes will be awarded! Entry is free!
Doors open at 11am. Stop by and sample chili from over 20 different booths. $1 gets you in the door, $0.50 gets you a sample. All proceeds benefit Altrusa of Terre Haute, supporting literacy in the Wabash Valley.
Schedule of Events:
11am-2pm: Chili sampling and live music
12pm: Showmanship Judging
1:30pm: Chili judging begins
11am-2pm: Kid’s Face Painting
2pm: Costume contest for kids
The event will take place on October 27th in a new location “The Meadows Shopping Center” at 2800 Poplar.
Do you know what you’re supporting when you attend this annual event? Altrusa uses the funds to disperses money to many different literacy based organizations in the Wabash Valley.
Check out this list of literacy opportunities supported by Altrusa:
- Book Nooks at Terre Haute Children’s Museum
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- ISU’s Alternative Spring Break
- 5k Race for Ivy Tech Community College
- Family Learning Day for Vigo County Public Library
- Salvation Army Families
- TASC Graduation/Reception
- Wabash Valley Community Read
- Endowed fund in the Wabash Valley Community Foundation
- Camp RAVE for Chances And Services for Youth
- Power of the Purse for United Way’s Success by Six
- Books for Ryves Hall youth
- Community Baby Shower for March of Dimes
- Mental Health Carnival for Hamilton Center
For up-to-the-minutes updates, be sure to RSVP as “going” to the facebook event page!