Hey there! Thanks for visiting. We’d love for you to hang around! Why not join the conversation on the Nothing if Not Intentional facebook page, subscribe to free email updates, or pin with us on pinterest so that you don’t miss an update? We love it when new readers join us on our blogging journey!
Here’s another delicious baking recipe that kiddos can help you make!
Easy Gingerbread Cookies (AKA “Molasses Crinkle”)
- 2 tbs butter or margarine softened
- 2 tbs oil
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla (or more if your little one is helping you pour)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- extra sugar for rolling
When it comes to spices, all of our measurements are approximate. I let the little one spoon and pour.
- Oven to 350.
- Combine ingredients. (I know the original recipe said to mix dry and wet ingredients separately, but we don’t bother with two bowls. Time is of the essence, and we REALLY don’t need one more thing to clean.)
- Roll dough into 1-1 1/2″ balls in sugar to coat. Place about 2″ apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Eat, store, make some more.
I let the toddler taste the molasses cup. I thought she’d hate it, but she licked it clean. And SHE reminded ME not to eat the batter once we added eggs: “No eat it! Make me sick. Make my belly hurt.”